Saturday, January 14, 2012

First Night Class Down

So a few weeks ago I finish my first night course which was fire alarm. I actually learned more than I thought I would and now I'm trying to focus myself towards taking the test to get my Nicet certification. I'm going for the level 2 which might be a big part in making sure I stay employed. It feels like the hardest part of taking this test is getting my application finished to actually sign up for it. I'm hoping I can kick myself into gear before I start forgetting some the precious knowledge I picked up over the past few months. I'm just beginning my power quality night class and I'm hoping I can learn just as much.

In other news I think I've fully adapted to my new company. The last job I was on I think my foremen appreciated and recognized my work so he sent me to another foreman that needed a good apprentice. The new foreman I was sent to delegates me a lot more responsibility and puts a lot of trust into me which is real good at this phase of the game being that I'm getting closer and closer to big boy status. It feels like the jobs I get are always mind numbing tight places but he seems to be happy with the way I've been handling everything. The other day we actually had a little challenge going. He asked me how long it would take me finish the room I was working on and I paused for a sec and told him I could probably have it done by break time. After looking at me like said something crazy he told me he doubted I could have it done by the end of the day. Me being the person I am that only motivated me to make him eat his words. I actually ended up going about 30 minutes past my deadline but he was impressed nonetheless. Things like that make the day go by for me. So I'm building confidence and feeling pretty optimistic about my future especially since I have about another year and a half to develop and sharpen my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment