Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Division

Hey folks I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday break, I know I did. But back to the work world. So I think I've been officially been traded from Mona Life Safety large projects to small contracts. I originally was only suppose to be helping the division out for a week but it seems the division likes the way I work so when large contracts requested me back they said I was tied up in a project and sent them another apprentice. I know to the big wigs a "helper's" is a "helper" but I have to admit I was feeling myself just a little bit lol. Anyway small contracts is a different experience because the jobs don't really last too long so it's kind of like getting to see a bunch of mini jobs start from finish. It's cool to get to see the job from the foreman's point of view and be a little more involved in everything. I've actually been seeing my awareness grow and I've been feeling more like a tech as of lately. The downside is I get sent around alot more and pretty much take my tools home with me everyday just in case I end up somewhere different in the morning. I can't complain though as long as I am developing new skills and learning I'm going to appreciate and make the best of every opportunity thrown my way.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mike my name is Darin, I'm from Michigan and I've completed the online app. How long of a process was it from the time you filled out the app and took the test til you were called to start? I'm relocating to the area and I'm trying to time my move. Any guidance you give will be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Darin. Well I believe I filled out the application around march and ended up starting September. I could have started earlier but I had to give my other job some notice. I think I caught the tail end of my class because most of my fellow class mates seem to have started a little earlier than me and the process time can, so i think getting a good head start would definitely be towards your advantage. Good luck with the move and hopefully I'll see you around.

    ReplyDelete