Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect

So last week finally came of course some of my favorite work which happens to be running pipe. It's been a couple of months so I was pretty excited to show myself because I consider myself pretty decent when it comes to pipe. Everything started off nice and smooth than for some reason I came across a back to back 90 that I just could not get right. At first I thought maybe I measured wrong and after the second one came up short I started feeling a little pathetic. Than after bending a 90 and having it come up a little short I said OK somethings off. Well after taking a look in my trusty pipe bending text book I realized I was measuring centers the whole time instead of back to back. I had a little duh moment with 90s you always have to measure from the back of the bend and if you measure centers you have to account for the diameter of the pipe. I didn't have a problem with my saddles or offsets so it just goes to show how just a little lack of practice can make something so simple so difficult. I was kind of a good reminder for me though to stay focused and not get to complacent.

No comments:

Post a Comment