Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First day with new contract

So today was my first day of work with my new contractor, and I must say it already seems like this is going to be a very different experience. The company I am with is a lot bigger than the previous one and there are some noticeable differences. And the biggest difference I must say is the subdivision. In my previous company I was working doing just about everything except fire alarm. New company what do you know look who's a new fire alarm guy. I'm used to the seeing a bunch of different guys throwing up dry wall and drilling and bending and plugging with all types of dirt flying and now I'm working in nice occupied buildings in nice clean electric closets servicing and replacing fire alarm systems walking around with no hard hat and practically having clean hands at the end of the day. It's definitely a new experience, fortunately my new foreman is real cool and I can see myself enjoying my time with this company if today dictates how my future will go, but at the same time I kind of miss the diversity and manual dexterity required for the big commercial projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment